Computer engineering is a branch of engineering that integrates several fields of computer science and electronic engineering required to develop computer hardware and software. Computer engineers are involved in many hardware and software aspects of computing, from the design of individual microcontrollers, microprocessors, personal computers, and supercomputers, to circuit design. This field of engineering not only focuses on how computer systems themselves work but also how they integrate into the larger picture.
Scope & Career opportunities
Instead of asking “Where can Computer Engineer Work?”, I think you should have asked “Where can’t a Computer Engineer work?”. A Computer Engineer basically can work everywhere where there is a computer system required. In this digital world, I don’t think that there is any field where a computer engineer does not fit. But sill, to be more specific, here are some fields where a computer engineer can work
- In software Developing Organizations: As a Requirement Analyst, Software Designer, Database Designer, Software Developer, Software Debugger, Project Manager, etc.
- In the large eCommerce corporations (Like Amazon,ebay): As Data Analyst
- In the organizations that handles big data (like Google,Facebook): Data Analyst, Data Mining, Maintenance Engineer, System Developer, System Analyzer, Activity Monitoring, Community Team, Algorithm Analyst And Designer, etc.
- In vehicle Manufacturing Corporations (like BMW,Bugatti): As Data Manager, As System Engineer, As System Designer, etc.
- In Electronic Corporations(like Intel,SAMSUNG): System Engineer, Product Analyst, System Designer, System Debugger, Algorithm Designer, Circuit Designer, Product Engineer, Product manager, etc.
These are the only some specific areas and the designations. Furthermore, a computer Engineer can work in an educational Organization, in a telecommunication company, Hospitals, Televisions, FM Radios, Banking Sectors, Researches, Cyber Security, as system security Manager in different organizations, weather stations, airport, any industries, etc. Even I’ve included several areas, there are still lots of areas where a computer engineer can work.